HeartMate XVE LVAD
- Provides complete unloading of the left ventricle in refractory heart failure patients
- Low proven stroke rate17
- Does not require systemic anticoagulation18
- Improves outcomes of heart transplantation compared to continuous inotropic infusions19
The redesigned system components support a patient's active lifestyle, providing mobility and flexibility in a safe, secure manner.
12 Volt NiMH BatteryLight, long-lasting, and smart - developed specifically for HeartMate patients' active lifestyles.
- Weighs only 1.5 pounds (0.68 kg)
- Provides a full day of support on a single charge (up to 10 hours)
- Smart technology affords optimal charging, accurately gauges charge level, and ensures battery lifespan (up to three years)
- Developed over a five-year period to ensure optimal operation
Universal Battery ChargerCompact and lightweight with rapid charging technology to complement an on-the-go lifestyle.
- Weighs only eight pounds (3.6 kg) - highly portable
- Rapid charging minimizes the number of batteries required for excursions - reduces burden of battery management
- Continuous diagnostic testing and automatic calibration delivers consistent battery performance
- Intuitive light indicators provide readily accessible battery status
Power ModulePortable solution that powers the HeartMate System safely and securely.
- One-third the weight of the Power Base Unit (PBU)
- Integrated backup battery provides emergency support for 30 minutes
- Simple, effective light indicators as well as audio alarms give immediate feedback on system operation
- Automobile port offers patients the added convenience of "plugging in" while in the car
- Powers the System Monitor and Display Module for system programming and monitoring purposes
The new HeartMate GoGear Wearables provide comfortable transport options that safely hold HeartMate System Components, allowing patients to return to an active lifestyle with renewed quality of life.